Welcome to Encompass Training
We offer a wide range of adventures and activities at our base, Great Potheridge House in North Devon, and across the moors, rivers and coasts of Devon and Cornwall.
As an organisation we are passionate about providing experiences that enrich and develop young people through rewarding and challenging outdoor education programmes.
Encompass is not a franchise – our dedicated staff are chosen by us for their experience and belief in the transformative nature of outdoor education.
Watersports Skills & Confidence Fun Day
@ Meeth Nature reserve with Encompass Training
Canoeing, Kayaking, SUPs, Raft Building, Water Games
Age 8+ from £30+vat. Private groups of 8 or more.
During your stay, you will benefit from:
- Sole occupancy of the main activity centre – our focus is on your group.
- Experienced staff that really believe in outdoor education, who are not only qualified in outdoor activities but also have extensive experience of working with a wide range of people.
- Genuine challenges and adventure, resulting in real, meaningful personal and social development.
- Activities which are conducted within a robust and reviewed framework of safety.
- Flexible programmes and obliging staff, providing an individual and rewarding experience tailored to the needs of your group.
- The homely and personable nature of our centre, where we value the relationships with our visiting groups, the surrounding community and our local suppliers.
- Encompass Training is an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- The promotion of environmental and social responsibility in a fun, dynamic and educational context.
To understand its benefits, including fulfilling curriculum requirements, see:
To stay up-to-date with our latest offers and news, sign up here:
“Thank you for a fantastic week! Your hospitality, warmth and knowledge made a good week truly great, my class had an amazing experience.”Class Teacher, Bristol
We offer our guests the opportunity to reconnect with themselves, and face challenges, whilst discovering the boundless limits of the great outdoors through fun, games and adventures.
Great Potheridge House is a truly historic building, with six acres of wood and park land to play in.
We are absolutely passionate about outdoor education. Since 2010, when Alastair Rice took over the centre, he has put his heart and soul into the business and is fortunate to have a team who are equally passionate and enthusiastic.
At our centre, we have a mission, and that is to provide a quality programme that offers a rewarding outdoor adventure experience for both children and adults in a safe, fun and educational setting.
We’d love you to come and see for yourself!